- Research and development of advanced biomedical optical systems design and prototyping, including confocal systems, OCT system, fluorescents systems, etc.
- Define specifications, design and requirements analysis.
- Working in multi-discipline team environments, setups design and preparation, experimentation, transfer to manufacturing design preparation.
- Vendors communication, verification of components opportunities.
- Manufacturing, durability, reliability, cost efficiency assessments.
- Articles, patents applications, conferences, exhibitions preparation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Bioengineering with emphasis on Biomedical Optical Systems or Imaging Optical Platform or related fields with 6+ years’ experience, Master Degree with 3+ years’ experience, or Ph.D. holder in a related area. Candidates with less experience will be considered as Engineer.
- Excellent knowledge of ray and wave optics, Applied Optics, Optical Coherence Tomography, fluorescence.
- At least 2 years’ working or research experience for biomedical device / system design and prototype.
- At least 2 years’ working or research experience in design of experiments, confocal systems, fluorescence excitation and detection systems, diffractive optical elements, optical systems design & prototyping.
- Experience for using MATLAB, CodeV or Zemax, LightTools or TracePro, etc., C/C++, Microsoft Office, ImageJ is a plus.
Appointment will be on renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and performance-linked variable pay. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, insurance coverage and contribution to MPF. The incumbent will normally work under a five-day week schedule.
Interested candidates should send application (quoting Ref. No.) with detailed resume and, current and expected salary to the HR Department by email. Application open until this position is filled.
Post: 5/F, Photonics Centre, 2 Science Park East Avenue,
Hong Kong Science Park, Shatin, Hong Kong.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Personal data provided by applicants will be used for consideration of an application only. ASTRI reserves the right not to fill the position.