- Work with project development teams to spec new infrastructure requirements, provide suggestions on appropriate equipment acquisitions, upgrades, and replacements.
- Set up and manage infrastructure and development environment required by projects.
- Automated monitor all infrastructure (e.g. CPU, memory, disk, and network), and be able to identify and react to failures.
- Develop automation and processes that help teams to deploy, manage, configure, scale, and monitor their applications internally and in the cloud in collaboration with developers, project manager and IT.
- Maintaining our open source software infrastructure components, including application and database servers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering, information technology or related field with 6+ years of experience, or Master’s Degree with 3+ years of experience. or PhD holder in related area. Candidates with less experience will be considered as Engineer.
- 3+ years of experience working in infrastructure, operations or configuration management and experience supporting web-based products.
- 2+ years of software development in a modern programming environment: Java, C, C++, Python, Scala, or similar.
- Experience with virtual machines and containers: VmWare, XenServer, Docker, or similar.
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Deployment tools: Jenkins, or similar.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services. Desired skills:
- Knowledge of Service Mesh or Application Performance Management (APM) tool like pinpoint is a plus.
- Experience with log analysis using a tool like Splunk, ELK, etc. is a plus.
- Administration experience with database servers (RDBMS, NoSQL) is a plus.
Appointment will be on renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and performance-linked variable pay. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, insurance coverage and contribution to MPF. The incumbent will normally work under a five-day week schedule. Interested candidates should send application (quoting Ref. No.) with detailed resume and, current and expected salary to the HR Department by email. Application open until this position is filled. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Post: 5/F, Photonics Centre, 2 Science Park East Avenue, Hong Kong Science Park, Shatin, Hong Kong. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Personal data provided by applicants will be used for consideration of an application only. ASTRI reserves the right not to fill the position.