- R&D on pre-5G/5G mobile core network software, with objective to commercialize, demonstrate market leading performance and support 5G applications together with customers and partners.
- Build and execute end-to-end system integration, inter-operability testing, verifications, performance testing and tuning on pre-5G/5G core network (5G features, such as Mobile Edge Computing (MEC), Network Slicing, NB-IoT, cloud, ….).
- Research and build up know-hows and hands-on experience in the latest pre-5G/5G core network, and system architecture standards and configurations.
- Communicate and support customers for commercialization.
- Bachelor’s degree with 6+ years working experience; Master’s degree with 3+ years working experience or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or Telecommunications related studies would also be considered. Candidates with less experience will be considered as Engineer.
- Relevant hands-on knowledge and experience of mobile core networks is preferred for Senior Engineer
- Knowledge of computer networks and protocols.
- Experience in programming languages, like C++/C.
- Knowledge of LTE/5G standards, its system architecture (SA) and procedures are preferred. (Related hands on experience is preferred for Senior Engineer).
- Experience in Spirent and IXIA test equipment is preferred for Senior Engineer.
- Fluent in English, good written and oral communications skills. Putonghua is optional (for communications with customers and partners).
Appointment will be on renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and performance-linked variable pay. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, insurance coverage and contribution to MPF. The incumbent will normally work under a five-day week schedule. Interested candidates should send application (quoting Ref. No.) with detailed resume and, current and expected salary to the HR Department by email. Application open until this position is filled. Email: email@example.com Post: 5/F, Photonics Centre, 2 Science Park East Avenue, Hong Kong Science Park, Shatin, Hong Kong. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Personal data provided by applicants will be used for consideration of an application only. ASTRI reserves the right not to fill the position.