- Conduct research into advanced energy storage systems (ESS) to support smart city applications.
- Develop methods for ESS SOC estimation, aging, cell balancing, D&P and protection.
- Lead the design and fabrication of battery packs and modules through requirement capture.
- Develop simulation tools and models for rapid prototyping and validation of energy storage system design concepts.
- Work independently and conduct research in a highly interdisciplinary environment of electrical engineers, mechanical and material engineers.
- Generate innovative ideas, suggest new project areas, and establish technical plans.
- Master’s degree or above in Electronic/Electrical Engineering, Materials Science and/or related science or technology disciplines; with 8+ years relevant experiences in power electronics and embedded controls technologies for Master Degree and 5+ years relevant experiences for PhD. Candidates with less experience will be considered as Senior Engineer.
- In-depth concept of power electronics modulation methods and digital controls, and proficiency in AutoCAD drafting tool.
- Experience in modeling of energy storage components and systems and their interactions with electric drive system components.
- Experience in diagnosis and prognosis of energy storage system state of health.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
Appointment will be on renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and performance-linked variable pay. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, insurance coverage and contribution to MPF. The incumbent will normally work under a five-day week schedule. Interested candidates should send application (quoting Ref. No.) with detailed resume and, current and expected salary to the HR Department by email. Application open until this position is filled. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Post: 5/F, Photonics Centre, 2 Science Park East Avenue, Hong Kong Science Park, Shatin, Hong Kong. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Personal data provided by applicants will be used for consideration of an application only. ASTRI reserves the right not to fill the position.